Table of Contents
Best Nail Strengthener
Best Nail strengthener – Nails can become brittle and weak, then start to chip and peel due to many factors from exposure to water.
Via hand washing or sanitizing, gel nail polish removal, habits like nail picking orbiting, and more.
1.SI-NAILS Nail Strengthener
- Unlike other nail hardeners that are more like lacquers, this Good Housekeeping Beauty Award winner has a serum-like texture that absorbs quickly into nails without leaving any film or coating on nails.
- It has been clinically exposed to improve the arrival, roughness, and thickness of nails in 28 days when applied daily.
- Consumers also noted positive improvements in smoothness and found nails were more hardened in four weeks.
2.Hard As Nails Hardener
- It “tried and true” drugstore formula from Sally Hansen, initially developed in 1957.
- Has stood the test of the period with our panel voting it their favourite nail strengthener.
- “I’ve been using it for years, and it seems to do a great job of keeping my nails hard,” one panellist marvelled.
- Film formers, like nitrocellulose, impart a formidable, glossy barrier on the nail, preventing it from any damage.
- It’s available in two variants of clear and tinted, which can help lessen the look of discolouration.
3.Advanced Repair Hand Crème
- The key to keeping brittle nails healthy is to keep them hydrated with efficacious hand cream.
- Like this GH Beauty lab test-winning formula from Eucerin, containing key ingredients like urea and lactic acid, this nourishing cream had both.
- Our recent study was the best hand cream, increasing skin hydration by 51% over six hours.
4.Nail Renewal System
- This 3-step Dr Dana nail system, created by a dermatologist, includes a glycolic acid exfoliator.
- A buffing wand and a hydrating serum that works together to improve the appearance of brittle nails.
- A study showed consumers saw smoother nails after one application and less peeling, brighter nails after two weeks of use. Apply once a week for optimal results.
5.Nail Envy Sensitive and Peeling
- A formaldehyde-free version of OPI Nail Envy, another panel favourite.
- This strengthener contains several nail-shielding.
- Ingredients to prevent breakage, plus softening kukui nut oil. Apply two coats the first day and one every other day for best results.
6.Strong Start Nail Treatment
- Essie’s double-duty formula is a strengthening base coat meant to be applied under your nail lacquer.
- I like it because it is a 2-in-1 product that combines strengthening benefits along with my base coat, so I don’t need a separate step.
- One panellist commented. If using it solo, the brand recommends applying two coats.